The CodeFactory Python Developer course takes you the first steps on your journey to become a Python developer. Learn to think like an IT specialist – an essential skill in our modern digital world – using the popular programming language Python.
In this course participants learn the basics of Python. Python is a popular and very powerful programming language for a variety of applications. The large community around this open source language has created a whole range of tools to work efficiently with Python, including tools specifically for data science.
This makes data analysis with Python easier than ever before!
In this intensive hands-on course you will start with the basics like variables and mathematical operations. You will quickly make your way to the top and learn how to handle complex data structures, e.g. using lists, dictionaries and Panda’s DataFrames.
You also learn to work with multiple files using Python functions and control flows, and finally create your own project with a realistic application scenario.
The course is very intense, but no prior experience with programming or Python is needed. All you need is your ambitions and motivations.
If you do know how to program another language, this course will help you quickly switch to Python.
Your advantages as a CodeFactory Python programming graduate:
- Learn the basics of Python in just 1 week!
- Experience an innovative course format unique in Austria, based on US-American coding schools
- Gain practical experience, by working on exciting projects
- Benefit from experienced, friendly trainers who care about your personal progress
- Experience exchange and motivation in peer groups
- Benefit from an affordable and supportive training
- Use our network and events with companies for your professional future
- Duration: 1 week
Location: CodeFactory, Kettenbrückengasse 23/2/12, 1050 Vienna or Online
Times: Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ CodeFactory plus tasks with free time allocation
Course fee: € 450,-
- Level: beginners and advanced
What exactly do you learn in the Python Programming course?
Working in the Jupyter Notebook environment
- Importing packages
- Python basics, including syntax and mathematical operators, variables and data types
Application of Strings and Regex
- Create and edit Python lists, tuples, sentences and dictionaries
- Using functions and handling exceptions
- The application of complex control flows
- The exciting concept of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Working efficiently with files
- The Pandas DataFrame
- Through a series of exercises you will become a Python-Guru in no time at all
- Finally you create your own real project with Python
Method and time required:
Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm the attendance part takes place in the CodeFactory itself, either on-site or online, depending on the course. Every morning, application-related daily tasks are assigned, which are solved in pairs or in small teams. The advantage is learning with and from fellow students. In the meantime, our experienced trainers will of course supervise the group of students and provide advice and support. In the context of larger projects, students learn what is important in project management in addition to the code.
Afterwards, you should plan time for a short and self-determined preparation for the next day with learning materials provided for this purpose, which can be scheduled with about 1 hour.
- You are motivated to work in a team and have the ability to learn independently. As a beginner without any previous knowledge, you are familiar with working on the computer and concepts such as folder structures.
- Your own laptop, ideally with an SSD hard drive and at least 4 GB RAM, is recommended. However, we can also provide a rental laptop if required.
Still undecided? Gain an insight and discover a selection of work samples from our students here: www.codefactory.academy